Thursday, February 7, 2013

fridge magnets

for the first time in many, many years, I find myself searching for fridge magnets.

I have to stick up the party invitation that Isabelle recieved today - its in a month's time.  Advanced notice!  I can't remember ever recieving almost a months notice for a party in Germany.  It was always 'Hey, Mum! Party tomorrow'  and then a mad rush to reorganise life, buy present and find outfit to wear.  (Isabelle is very fashion conscious).

Now I am accumulating advance notice for all sorts of things - Matthew's assignments, school dinners, community events.

I need these things visible.  Of course, I have a calendar and it is all written carefully into that but it is so much more fun, lively and obvious when it is stuck onto my fridge.

My dilemma now is ... do I go and buy a packet of matching (though nondescript) magnets?  or do I wait patiently and allow my magnet collection to grow, organically and naturally, just like I had done many years ago when the needs were not so urgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment