Thursday, January 31, 2013

when the postie knows your name

I came home yesterday and logged onto FB.  I had a message from a friend here.  She had written that she had just been at the local post office and noticed a package addressed to me that hadnt been delivered.


"oh yes" ... said Chris, " the post office manager came by this afternoon and knocked on the door.  (He lives three houses down ... I knew that because several people had filled me in on who now lives where.)

"there is a package addressed to Jenny Cork 64 Callala Australia.  is that you? its from Norway.  can you come and collect it tomorrow before it is sent back?"


The package has been sitting there a couple of weeks because it had no street address and the post office manager is new to the area.  It was going to be 'returned to sender' because he didn't know - but, thankfully, my friend Lynda stepped in and got the message across to him and to us.

... and I suspect it is NOT from Norway (although we have several people who had been to Norway recently - both Australian and German friends).  I think it is from my Danish friend Ann-Berit ... those Northern European countries are all the same, aren't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment